Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Iron Maiden Maiden England tour--who's going?

I recently found out that Iron Maiden is touring this summer. The title of the tour is Maiden England and it is an homage to a live video released after their 7th Tour of a 7th Tour, featuring a heavy rotation of their awesome Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album.

I'm going to see Maiden on June 26 at the Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA. I can't even tell you excited I am for this show. I started listening to Maiden right around 1988 when Seventh Son was their newest album. I was blown away (still am) by songs like "The Clairvoyant," "Can I Play With Madness," "Infinite Dreams" and my favorite on the album "The Evil That Men Do."

A bit too young (15) at the time to score tickets and transportation, I had to wait until 1991's No Prayer for the Dying before I was able to see them in concert on the No Prayer on the Road tour. By then they had begun a downhill decline and Adrian Smith had left the band, though it was still an excellent show. I've seen them many times since, but this particular show looks particularly great with its heavy rotation of old material and apparently their old stage set from 7th Tour, featuring faux glaciers and other cool stuff.

Anyone else planning on seeing the greatest heavy metal band that ever was?

5 comments:

Lagomorph Rex said...

I'm hoping to. Tickets go on sale on march 3rd, and if I can get lucky enough to get them for Atlanta or Charlotte I'm going.

jason said...

I'm going to try to catch them in Denver in August. Saw them two years ago--great show.

Andy said...

I'm going to see them when they play at Jiffy Lube. My wife and I are counting the days until the tickets go on sale. I've only seen them once and that was the Final Frontier tour, so we're looking forward to catching a retro set.

I'm also excited that Alice Cooper is opening for them and I understand he's going to be doing his full stage show, so that'll be fun.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm just amazed they are still going!

Brian Murphy said...

Got five tickets during a presale an hour ago. Can't wait...

I'm also excited that Alice Cooper is opening for them and I understand he's going to be doing his full stage show, so that'll be fun.

My first concert ever was Alice Cooper, during the Trash tour. It was fun seeing him "beheaded" on stage.

I'm just amazed they are still going!

Maiden is still relatively young next to bands like KISS and the Rolling Stones. And they've kept themselves in good shape. They still sound great live.