Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What I've read this year

Here's the list of books I've read to date in 2012. Note that a couple are audiobooks, so I use the term "read" loosely here. Links provided to any titles for which I've written a review.


  1. Unfinished Tales, JRR Tolkien
  2. The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
  3. The Cold Commands, Richard Morgan
  4. Tolkien on Film: Essays on Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings, Janet Brennan Croft ed.
  5. Seven Princes, John Fultz
  6. Tolkien: A Cultural Phenomenon, Brian Rosebury
  7. The Heroes, Joe Abercrombie
  8. Literary Swordsmen and Sorcerers, L. Sprague de Camp
  9. Styrbiorn the Strong, E.R. Eddison
  10. The Well of the Unicorn, Fletcher Pratt
  11. The Modern Scholar: Faith and Reason: The Philosophy of Religion, Peter Kreeft
  12. Strange Wine, Harlan Ellison
  13. Grendel, John Gardner
  14. The Hook, Donald Westlake
  15. Carnage and Culture, Victor Hanson
  16. Conan: Red Nails, Robert E. Howard, Karl Edward Wagner ed.
  17. The Dark Barbarian, Don Herron ed.
  18. Conan, The People of the Black Circle, Robert E. Howard, Karl Edward Wagner ed.
  19. The Singularity is Near, Ray Kurzweil
  20. The Horror Stories of Robert E. Howard
  21. The Children of Odin, Padraic Colum
  22. Red Moon and Black Mountain, Joy Chant
  23. No Regrets, Ace Frehley
  24. Brak vs. the Sorceress, John Jakes
  25. The Dragon Lord, David Drake
  26. We’re Alive: A Story of Survival, season one

I'm on pace for 56 titles this year, a few more than I read in 2011. Right now I'm about 2/3 of the way through Orson Scott Card's Speaker for the Dead, sequel to Ender's Game.

3 comments:

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I always count the audiobooks-gotta make use of driving time.

Brian Murphy said...

Yes, radio is pretty much a wasteland these days.

Adventuresfantastic said...

If I'm on a long trip I try to listen to either Book Radio or the Old Time Radio stations on Sirius/XM.