Wednesday, March 4, 2009

In memoriam


Welcome to the land of imagination. You are about to begin a journey into worlds where magic and monsters are the order of the day, where law and chaos are forever at odds, where adventure and heroism are the meat and drink of all who would seek their fortunes in uncommon pursuits. This is the realm of DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Adventure Game.

--Gary Gygax, The Keep on the Borderlands

Thanks again Gary, for introducing me and so many others to this "uncommon pursuit." You are not forgotten.

2 comments:

Sham aka Dave said...

Hear, hear!

This uncommon pursuit has managed to become a major part of 30 years of this fan's life.

30 years. Dammit I'm OLD. It's all relative, though. Up until recently I was the young guy at work.

That is, if you consider 1998 recent. I do, of course.

Brian Murphy said...

Hey Sham, 30 years, wow, I'm impressed. What was the first set you owned? Were you a Holmes guy or white box?

I'm 35 but I've been playing since I was around 8-9, so 26 or 27 years for me. I started with Moldvay.