Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cimmerian sightings

Nothing earth-shattering to add with this post, just a "heads up" for fantasy fans to head on over to The Cimmerian to check out some recent interesting posts by Steve Tompkins. The former is a recap of recent sword and sorcery fiction, and the latter a critique of recent fantasy films:



Also, I recently received Blood and Thunder: The Life and Art of Robert E. Howard (pictured here) in the mail from Borders. I'm really looking forward to reading this and will post a review once I do. I have (gulp) never read a full biography of Robert E. Howard and I hope to rectify that soon.

1 comment:

Jack Badelaire said...

I've had it sitting on my bookshelf, throwing me accusing glances whenever I walk by, for about six months now. One of these days I need to placate it and just read the damn thing before it jumps down off the shelf and beats my skull in.