Sunday, April 25, 2021

A wall of S&S

I'm currently in the final stages of a basement office/bar renovation that will yield me a retreat worthy of the Gods. This lengthy project, which left me without ready access to any of my books, is finally wrapping up, allowing me to spend some time unboxing and reshelving my small arsenal of S&S and other titles.

I decided to devote one bookcase entirely to sword-and-sorcery. Or mostly. There's a few odd books of mythology mixed in here, some Tarzan and sword-and-planet, old swashblucklers and historical fiction, etc., but mainly it's a wall of S&S coming right at you. Click on the photo to zoom in and revel in its greatness, if you enjoy such things (I know I do).

Behold the wall! Fear the wall, mortal dog!



5 comments:

Adventuresfantastic said...

Sweet!

Narmer said...

Crom!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, nice hardcover copy of The Long Ships.

John

Brian Murphy said...

John: I picked up that copy for like $2 at a (now sadly defunct) second-hand bookstore up in Franklin, NH. Dust jacket is slightly tattered at the edges but otherwise it's in great condition. And is an amazing read, of course.

Ryan L. said...

Awesome collection! I just recently found your blog. Really great information.