Sunday, May 16, 2021

Bran Mak Morn: Your favorite cover?

I'm currently on a Bran Mak Morn kick, having read Karl Edward Wagner's Legion from the Shadows (good, not great) and now am going back to the original REH stories themselves.

What is your favorite cover? I'm partial to the Dell Bran Mak Morn--a dark, brooding Frazetta painting, with savage Picts looking very much like a prehistoric race bridging the Hyborian Age and our own ancient world. I prefer it over the Gianni and Jeff Jones covers, but your mileage may vary.


Awesome art by uncredited Doug Beekman


3 comments:

Matthew said...

I agree with you on the Frazetta cover.

Adventuresfantastic said...

I would have to go with the Frazetta.

Brian Murphy said...

After I posted I realized I forgot the awesome cover for For the Witch of the Mists (art by Doug Beekman), Bran Mak Morn pastiche by Richard Tierney and David Smith. I'll add that.