Friday, February 24, 2023

"Let it Go," Def Leppard

Sometimes you just need hair metal. Or the equivalent. Def Leppard is close enough. 

I'm a fan of Leppard up through and including Hysteria; after that they lose me. But you have to respect their ongoing commitment to musicianship and good performances, even at this point in their career. I saw them in concert last summer in a monster quadruple bill that included Motley Crue, Poison, and Joan Jett. 

Leppard was by far the tightest, best-sounding band of the four. They rocked.

"Let it Go" is a fine example of their early work, before they went ballad-heavy. This one is a fun little rocker, with lyrics that leave absolutely zero to the imagination, unless you can't fill in the "C."

Cool woman, cool eyes, you got me hypnotized
So head down, get a rhythm
Stop your stalling and your bitching
I'm rock steady, I'm still shaking
I'm ready for the taking
So make your move, yeah, make me
And get ready for the big "C"



2 comments:

Deuce said...


Right on!

I got into the Lepps with ON THROUGH THE NIGHT. My buddy bought HI N' DRY as soon as it came out. We both considered it a classic. Then PYROMANIA came out. I'm not one to throw 'sellout' around much, but I'm not sure what else you would call it. At least it achieved its goal of 'selling'. If I was Steve Clarke, it would've weighed on me as well.

Brian Murphy said...

On Through the Night was before my time man... to be honest I think it was Pyromania that got me in. But I do prefer their older stuff.