Friday, August 6, 2021

Sepultura, The Hunt

I was a huge Sepultura fan back in the day, when Max Cavalera was fronting the band. They put out 3-4 stone cold classic albums in that period, with my favorite probably going to Chaos A.D. I was lucky enough to catch them in concert a couple times.

Here is "The Hunt" from that album. The lyrics are a straight up apology for vigilantism, which some days and for some types of offenders I can get behind:

We went into town on the Tuesday night
Searching all the places that you hang about
We're looking for you
 
In the back street cellar, in the drinking clubs
In the discotheques and the gaming pubs
We're looking for you
 
You will pay the price for my own sweet brother
And what he has become
And a hundred other boys and girls
And all that you have done
 




2 comments:

Dana said...

Still love this one and it rates automatic volume doubling (at least). The original is...I guess creepy? Max makes it mean and downright menacing.

Brian Murphy said...

Dana! I've never actually bothered tracking down the original, to be honest.