Friday, October 8, 2021

Ten Sword-and-Sorcery Tales For the Haunting Season

My latest post is up on the blog of Tales from the Magician's Skull: Ten Sword-and-Sorcery Tales for the Haunting Season.

I'm feeling the Halloween season. Over the last three nights, while doing some late evening bookkeeping, I've had in the background Poltergeist, The Witch (2016), and Scream. I do love horror movies... but I also love sword-and-sorcery, and as my post shows one needn't necessarily choose one over the other.

What are your favorite horror-infused S&S tales?

6 comments:

Matthew said...

Great list. I've read most of these and would agree that they make good reading around Halloween.

Narmer said...

Nice list. I've read some but not others. I need to dig up some stories.

Darthgall said...

Good stuff!
So when can we get some publisher to make that anthology?

Robert Zoltan said...

Yes, nice list. The greatest sword and sorcery horror movie ever made is Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. If you haven't seen it, do. Available in HD on YouTube.

Brian Murphy said...

Thanks dudes!

Darthgall--yeah, agreed. DMR Books, are you listening? Often its the rights that are the hangup here.

Robert: Have not seen that, will add to the list!

D.M. Ritzlin said...

Oh yes, I'm listening, I visit The Silver Key frequently. But as you guessed, the rights are a problem. There are at least three stories on the list that I wouldn't be able to get.