Sunday, July 24, 2022

This makes me happy

Typically when you put “sword-and-sorcery” into a search engine (I do this from time-to-time, being a glutton for punishment) the results are discouraging. Usually you see a board game, a bad 80s film, or generic YA fantasy where someone well-meaning has used the term to describe their new book about princesses and unicorns.

But sometimes, you get returns like this.


I did not know musicians were still putting out tapes. Or that anyone was still manufacturing them, for that matter. But when you couple dinosaur media with S&S, I’m in. 

I’ve been wondering where the new metal bands are these days. Better step up my Twitter game. 

4 comments:

Joakim Waern said...

Many thanks for this! Just ordered the cassette for my son who's a Metal and D&D fan.

D.M. Ritzlin said...

I have no problem finding new metal bands (in fact, I hear about way more than I want to), but if I did, Twitter would be the last place I'd look for them.

Brian Murphy said...

Joakim: Cool! That band owes me a commission :)

Dave: Fair enough, but in this case it did the job. I mean, S&S, metal, and cassette tapes? That's my bullseye.

Spidrax said...

Sounds like you need to learn about the exciting world of Dungeon Synth. Lots of s&s music published on cassette.

Check out this label as a starting point:
https://heimatderkatastrophe.bandcamp.com/music

Parciularly the artists Gnoll, Doom Catacomb, and Thongor