Monday, September 26, 2022

Michael Moorcock and other Stranger Things

I was OOO (and frankly, only semi-coherent) this past Friday-Sunday, after a sorely needed guys weekend getaway. Me and four other dudes rented a house on Whaley Lake in Holmes, NY, consuming booze and retelling old college stories. Included in the trip was a stop at Darryl's House, a bar/restaurant owned by Darryl Hall, where we took in a wonderful Foreigner tribute band. If you ever come across Double Vision, check them out, they're highly recommended.

As a result I failed to mention my most recent blog post for Tales from the Magician's Skull/blog of Goodman Games is now up: Stranger Things in the Stories of Michael Moorcock.

I hope you like it. I enjoyed digging out the old AD&D Dungeon Master's Guide for this, and my treasured copy of S2: White Plume Mountain.

3 comments:

TheDreadedGug said...

Brian, do you play DCC? My friends and I are about to switch from D&D 5e (a system with which I have a...complicated relationship) to Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Brian Murphy said...

I have not played DCC... I stopped role playing in 2012/early 2013, save for a one evening nostalgia trip. Not saying I wouldn't pick up the dice again, but currently retired.

TheDreadedGug said...

I couldn't start playing again until my kids were older. When your life permits, jump back in, my friend!