Thursday, December 21, 2023

Feeling like it's time to watch these again


Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?

I have. To this book. And to the movies.

But it's been a while.

Today was my last day in the office until I return on January 2, 2024. A blessed 11 days of downtime. I think it's time for a rewatch of one of my favorite films (yes, I consider this one film) of all time

Great, not unreservedly so, but great.

I saw these one by one as they premiered in theaters and still love them. And am pleased to own the extended versions on DVD. Were I to watch them all back-to-back-to-back (which I never have done), Google tells me it's 11 hours and 36 minutes. An investment. 

But it's time.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Me, too. Going to run through them next week when I'm (mostly) not working.

Brian Murphy said...

Nice. Hannah and I watched several features on the first FOTR extras disc last night, storyboarding, costuming, from book to script, etc. Hard to believe how much care and attention and effort went into the making of these films.